The purpose of The Mothers’ Club of Grosse Pointe South High Schools is to enhance the educational and social environment of the South student body.
This is accomplished by means of fundraising and endowments through various activities, monetary requests and in-kind donations. Support is distributed under three categories: enrichment, preservation and scholarship.
The fundraising projects are reviewed annually and a budget is prepared for use of the funds.
The following objectives have been established to meet these goals:
• Maintain an enrichment program by reviewing requests from staff and administration. Each request, after receiving approval of the Principal, will be considered for funding.
• Promote and administer a scholarship program for graduating seniors, review established guidelines, provide need-based and merit-based awards and encourage community-funded scholarships.
• Maintain the historical integrity of the building by identifying needed improvements and working with the school administration and the board office to determine funding.
In addition to the three funding aspects, the Mothers’ Club will also maintain school communication with the families of South students through its publication, High Pointes. Administration and special interest groups within the school are encouraged to submit articles and inserts for publication.
The Mothers’ Club is also involved in a number of activities, including:
• Maintaining a website – www.Mothersclubgps.com and Facebook page - Mothers Club of Grosse Pointe South
• Preparing a calendar of events for the school year which is available on our website.
• Compiling a Student Directory for each member of the Mothers’ Club.
• Supporting non-fundraising activities such as Athletics, Art Fest, Band & Orchestra, Choir, Faculty Events, Homecoming, and All Night Graduation Party.
• Managing the School Store, with the net proceeds going to support the Mothers’ Club.
• Maintaining the historical archives of the school and student body, and soliciting historical memorabilia.
• Encouraging parent participation.
• Recognizing student accomplishments and achievements.